Interesting question...is Democracy the best form of Government? Is it the one God would choose for us and desires for us?
I can think of a few ways this question could be interpruted and responded to...so...I'm giving no clarification. Just answer it how you read it.
Gender Reveal
14 years ago
3 comments:
Well, since you asked... no. No, it is not. Personally, I believe that true Communism (not that bastardized Soviet Communism or Castro's communism--real communism where equality is enforced upon all) would be what God would like us to be able to use. However, power leads to pride, and pride corrupts and as such no such government can ever exist, even for an instant. So since man is not perfect, what then do we do? Well, the exact economic opposite of Communism, free-market Capitalism, takes into account that equality can not be enforced since most people, given power, will become prideful and seek to maintain/increase their power over those they see as threats (i.e., competitors).
However, such a system will eventually descend into an oligarchy (government by a powerful few) and then into a dictatorship. That is inevitable--unless, of course, the people revolt. Unfortunately, such a revolt often ends up in one of two outcomes: socialism, where the government (stupidly) tries to enforce some semblance of equality on people (and fails miserably at it--see Western Europe); or, the rulers of the oligarchy are deposed in favor of the leaders of the revolution, who descend into petty bickering and create an even stronger oligarchy.
So what would God have us do? Free-market capitalism is unfair, widens the gap between the haves and have-nots, and eventually descends into oligarchy. No man can wield (nor maintain) the power necessary to control a communist government, so that doesn't work, either (actually, any attempt at communism also descends into oligarchy). Neither system propagates the Christian ideal--love your neighbor as yourself.
Well, I don't have an answer. Sorry. I believe that a free-market capitalist republic that maintains a very few dampening controls on the free-market aspect (such as the US) has the best chance at surviving the longest. That's what makes the US a beautiful, stable, long-lived nation. (Although corruption is beginning to take a strong hold and we are undoubtedly accelerating towards oligarchy--until we ignite a revolution.) But God would clearly not have us use such a government for the reasons listed above.
I don't do politics....
Like Brett said...
If the best system could be practically worked out I think somebody would have figured it out by now after thousands of years.
I am of the opinion that we're doing all right on the basic principals, but it takes individual and united action to fill in the gaps where government can't fix our problems. No amount of revolutionary action, philosophical debate, or political legislation will make a country of decent, responsible people that treat each other well.
I don't talk politics if I can help it. If people expect that voting Democrat will mean that the poor will be fed and everybody's needs will be met, or that voting Republican will mean that good economic principles will eliminate poverty and encourage people to contribute to society, they will be disappointed either way. Expecting social justice from communism or wise rule by a dictator ends in the same disappointment. Make the best of whatever you've got.
If you want a better country to live in, tell everybody you know about Jesus.
Post a Comment